Disclaimer: Some links and discount codes in this article generate affiliate income. So if you use these codes or click and make a purchase, I will get some commission at no extra cost to you. Recommended products are of high quality. Some of them I use personally.
What is Cloudways?
What are Cloudways features?
Can you share Cloudways promo code?
How much does Cloudways cost?
If you are looking for answers to above questions then you have come to the right place.
Congrats and pat you back.
You did an excellent job. Keep it up!
You are a wonderful human being.
Now lets get back to our article on Cloudways.
What is Cloudways?
Cloudways is a multi-cloud Managed WordPress Hosting provider based in Malta.
What You Can Host at Cloudways
- Ecommerce sites including WooCommerce
- 5 top-notch cloud providers (Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr, Amazon, and Google).
- Recover a deleted server or an application within 15 days of deletion.
- Automatic and manual disk cleanup.
- Server level caching.
- Dedicated firewall.
- Custom Varnish settings.
- Unlimited apps on a server.
- Launch multiple apps in 1-Click.
- 1-Click operations like server launch, server/app cloning, monitoring, scaling, stop SFTP/SSH access, restore.
- Whitelist IPs for SFTP/SSH, MySQL.
- Automated, and on-demand offsite backups.
- Server CRON job manager.
- Developer friendly Staging environment.
- Managed security and backups.
- Get notifications for 16 server metrics.
- Built-in Cloudways CDN.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- Team collaboration features.
- Transfer servers and billing to clients.
Cloudways WordPress Stack
- Memcached or Redis
- MySQL or MariaDB
- Powered by Solid State Drives
What I like Most About Cloudways?
- Tell Cloudways when they can perform schedule maintenance on your server for OS updates, security, and optimizations.
- Multiple locations with multiple cloud providers.
- HTTP/2 enabled servers.
- Ability to start, stop, clone, restart servers.
- Displays performance graph for traffic, RAM, CPU, etc..
- Ability to restart Apache, Memcached, MySQL, New Relic, Nginx, PHP FPM, Varnish, etc…
- Choose PHP and MySQL version.
- Choose MariaDB in place of MySQL.
- Decide backup frequency and retention period.
- Exclude URLs and Cookies from Varnish caching.
- Choose TLS version.
- Disable direct access to server IP.
- Allow only specific IP addresses to access SSH/SHTP.
- Disable access to SSH.
- Install Let’s Encrypt, or custom SSL certificate.
- Launch SSH Terminal in your browser.
- Modify PHP settings.
- Deploy via Git.
Cloudways Application Metrics
- Traffic details like IP requests, bot traffic, URL requests, and status codes.
- Requested PHP pages, running processes, and slow pages.
- Number of MySQL connections, and slow queries.
- Currently running CRON jobs.
- Disk usage by application, and database.
- See Apache, nginx, and PHP access logs.
What I like least about Cloudways?
- No root access, but it is for your good.
- Cannot set custom cache headers for static files.
- Server level redirects are not there.
- Live chat and ticket system for all but with priority.
- Free version comes with normal priority.
- Premium version starts at $100 per month with 6 months commitment, and high priority response.
Who Should Host at Cloudways?
- All semi-developers with some technical expertise who want to host in the Cloud.
- Want to save time Creating, installing, updating, maintaining the server.
- Prefer new technologies.
- Prefer pay-as-you-go pricing.
How much does Cloudways Cost
- Pricing starts from as low as US $10 for Digital Ocean server including bandwidth.
- Amazon starts at US $36.51 excluding bandwidth.
- Google cloud starts at US $33.30 excluding bandwidth.
- You pay US $0.50/GB per server per month for offsite backups.
- Pay US $0.10/1,000 transactional emails sent.
- You also get Rackspace email for US $1/month.
- For optimal performance spin up a server with atleast 2vCPU & 4GB RAM if you select anyone from DigitalOcean, Linode or Vultr.
Cloudways Promo Code
Use code KUNALDESAI to get 10% off for 3 months when you register your account.