Disclaimer: Some links and discount codes in this article generate affiliate income. So if you use these codes or click and make a purchase, I will get some commission at no extra cost to you. Recommended products are of high quality. Some of them I use personally.
What You Can Host at Cloudways
- Ecommerce sites including WooCommerce
- 5 top-notch cloud providers (Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr, Amazon, and Google).
- Recover a deleted server or an application within 15 days of deletion.
- Automatic and manual disk cleanup.
- Server level caching.
- Dedicated firewall.
- Custom Varnish settings.
- Unlimited apps on a server.
- Launch multiple apps in 1-Click.
- 1-Click operations like server launch, server/app cloning, monitoring, scaling, stop SFTP/SSH access, restore.
- Whitelist IPs for SFTP/SSH, MySQL.
- Automated, and on-demand offsite backups.
- Server CRON job manager.
- Developer friendly Staging environment.
- Managed security and backups.
- Get notifications for 16 server metrics.
- Built-in Cloudways CDN.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- Team collaboration features.
- Transfer servers and billing to clients.
Cloudways WordPress Stack
- Memcached or Redis
- MySQL or MariaDB
- Powered by Solid State Drives
- Tell Cloudways when they can perform schedule maintenance on your server for OS updates, security, and optimizations.
- Multiple locations with multiple cloud providers.
- HTTP/2 enabled servers.
- Ability to start, stop, clone, restart servers.
- Displays performance graph for traffic, RAM, CPU, etc..
- Ability to restart Apache, Memcached, MySQL, New Relic, Nginx, PHP FPM, Varnish, etc…
- Choose PHP and MySQL version.
- Choose MariaDB in place of MySQL.
- Decide backup frequency and retention period.
- Exclude URLs and Cookies from Varnish caching.
- Choose TLS version.
- Disable direct access to server IP.
- Allow only specific IP addresses to access SSH/SHTP.
- Disable access to SSH.
- Install Let’s Encrypt, or custom SSL certificate.
- Launch SSH Terminal in your browser.
- Modify PHP settings.
- Deploy via Git.
Cloudways Application Metrics
- Traffic details like IP requests, bot traffic, URL requests, and status codes.
- Requested PHP pages, running processes, and slow pages.
- Number of MySQL connections, and slow queries.
- Currently running CRON jobs.
- Disk usage by application, and database.
- See Apache, nginx, and PHP access logs.
- No root access, but it is for your good.
- Cannot set custom cache headers for static files.
- Server level redirects are not there.
- Live chat and ticket system for all but with priority.
- Free version comes with normal priority.
- Premium version starts at $100 per month with 6 months commitment, and high priority response.
Who Should Host at Cloudways
- All semi-developers with some technical expertise who want to host in the Cloud.
- Want to save time Creating, installing, updating, maintaining the server.
- Prefer new technologies.
- Prefer pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Pricing starts from as low as US $10 for Digital Ocean server including bandwidth.
- Amazon starts at US $36.51 excluding bandwidth.
- Google cloud starts at US $33.30 excluding bandwidth.
- You pay US $0.50/GB per server per month for offsite backups.
- Pay US $0.10/1,000 transactional emails sent.
- You also get Rackspace email for US $1/month.
- For optimal performance spin up a server with atleast 2vCPU & 4GB RAM if you select anyone from DigitalOcean, Linode or Vultr.