Skip to content
My immunity is strong.
Tips to Stay Healthy in Cold Weather
- One needs to balance Kapha in moist, rainy or snowfall.
- Also need to balance Vata if you live in Cold Dry Weather.
- Drink lukewarm water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Drink lemon, ginger, honey, salt warm water to keep cough, cold, flu away from you.
- Perform gentle and strengthening exercise slowly in cold dry (Vata) weather while longer duration and intense exercise in cold moist (Kapha) weather.
- Do yoga like Sun Salutations, twist and turns.
- Do meditation.
- Do alternate nostril breathing.
- Massage whole body with warm sesame oil atleast once in a week.
- It’s fine if you bath just once a week.
- Apply body lotion to keep skin moisturized.
- Apply Bhringraj oil on hair to get rid of dry scalp, dandruff and hair fall.
- Cover yourself with warm clothes from head to toes.
- Increase intake of Vitamin A, B Group ,C, D and E.
- Go out in the sun to get adequate Vitamin D.
- Increase intake of Iron and Zinc also.
- Eat Chyavanprash daily to boost overall immunity, before breakfast or dinner on empty stomach. Drink warm water or milk after eating Chyawanprash.
- Eat warm, stable, moist, heavy, grounding, and juicy meals.
- Eat mung and sesame products.
- Eat omega-3 foods like Flaxseed to create natural oil retaining barrier for skin.
- Eat dates daily.
- Mix dry dates powder with coconut powder. Eat 1 tablespoon daily.
- Dry skin responds well to high fat foods. Make sure you eat some. Like ghee.
- Drink soups and stews.
- Eat green leafy vegetables.
- Inhale steam.
- Wear ear plugs.
- Massage feet daily at night with warm sesame oil.
- Stay indoors if living in cold dry weather.
- Follow daily routine.
Things to Avoid in Cold Weather
- Bathing for too long and or bathing with very hot water as it makes skin dry.
- Minimize intake of foods that contain lots of fibre as it increases Vata dosha in Cold Dry Weather.
- Avoid consuming cold foods.
- Avoid dairy as it increases Kapha except Warm Masala Milk or Warm Turmeric Milk.
Thank you my dear friend for coming here.