What Can Facebook Addiction Cause
- Social isolation.
- Buildup of some kind of resentment and or hate.
- Becoming stressful.
- Affecting physical and psychological well being.
- Breakup with your wife.
Above dangers can lead to more serious issues going forward.
Signs of Facebook Addiction
- If you share too much personal information.
- If you open Facebook as soon as you wake up, or last thing before sleep.
- If you create reasons to check Facebook every now and then.
- If you are checking Facebook whenever you are free.
- If you don’t feel good if you don’t open it someday.
- If you are checking notifications while you are doing some work.
- If you are updating your status too often and telling the world about every activity you perform.
- If you get less sleep because you are busy surfing Facebook.
- If you send Good Morning greetings on Facebook but don’t greet people when you meet them face-to-face.
- If you are not able to concentrate on anything.
- If you are spending too many hours surfing Facebook each day of your precious life.
- If you are an attention seeker i.e keep reminding others that you exist, then you are an addict.
- Feeling jealously of others joys.
- Envying others of their possessions.
Sum or all of the above also point to irresponsible behaviors.
Ways to Overcome Facebook Addiction
- Avoid sharing your personal information beyond a point.
- Consider Facebook as a passive activity. Use only when you are free and or only on a particular day that too with strict time limits. Set reminders to help you.
- Divide your time between many different areas.
- Muting notifications will also help.
- Limit the number of updates you receive.
- Make it difficult to reach Facebook app. Remove Facebook from your home screen and also set a lock.
- Make sure that you do one thing at a time and do it properly.
- Keep your mobile phone far away when you are eating food, studying, or working. So you can concentrate on the task. The end result will be of par excellence.
- Going out and meeting real people, reading a book are better options to spend time.
- Using Facebook is fine as long as you fulfill all your responsibilities. That will make sure your time is devoted to important things and what matters.
- If you focus on building relationships rather than making endless friends, you will stay within limits.
- Share your thoughts with the world but stay within limits.
What’s your take?