What are Habits?
What are quotes on Habits?
What are Good Habits?
What are the examples of Good Habits?
What are the list of Good Habits?
What are the benefits of Good Habits?
What are the Good Habits for Children?
What are the Good habits followed by Highly Effective people?
If you are looking to answers to above questions then you have come to the right place.
Congrats and pat your back.
You have done an excellent job. Keep it up!
You are a wonderful human being.
Now, lets get to our article of Good Habits.
Good Habits decide how far and high you go in life.
What are Habits?
Something that is done regularly and subconsciously is called a Habit.
Habits are actions, tasks, or activity that you do regularly without having to think.
You feel thirsty, and drink water. After some period of time, this activity becomes automatic.
Meaning you don’t have to think whether to do or not to do. This forms a Habit.
Then a simple task of drinking water becomes a Habit.
You wake up everyday drink water, brush teeth, take bath, eat food, and go to sleep.
To accomplish all these, you don’t think. These are Habits.
6 Wonderful Quotes on Habits
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going – Jim Ryun.
- First we make our habits, then our habits make us – Charles Noble.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit – Aristotle.
- Men’s natures are alike; it is their habits that separate them – Confucius.
- The chains of habit are too weak to be felt, until they are too strong to be broken – Samuel Johnson.
- I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life – Warren Buffett.
2 Types of Habits
- Good Habits
- Not So Good Habits i.e. Bad Habits
Biggest Difference between Good Habits and Bad Habits
- Good Habits make you healthy wealthy and happy, while Not So Good Habits make you sad, poor, depressed and unhealthy.
These article covers Good Habits while Not So Good Habits are mentioned in another article.
Benefits of Good Habits
- You become consistent in everything you do.
- Help to make our live simple and clutter free.
- Your stress levels reduce which make you happier and healthy.
- You forget less things than earlier.
- Makes you productive.
- Helps you achieve more from less.
- Your performance improves.
- Your personality shines.
- You are able to accomplish more in the same duration of time.
- You get to spent time with your family.
List of Good Habits with Examples
- Follow daily routine.
- Recite Prayer.
- Rise early in the morning.
- Wake-up everyday at the same time.
- Sprinkle water on your face to rejuvenate, re-hydrate yourself.
- Brushing Teeth.
- Doing any one or combo of Meditation, Walking, Running, Swimming, Cycling, Exercise, or Yoga.
- Take bath, clean yourself.
- Our hands have maximum number of germs. So wash hands with Antiseptic Liquid before eating any food.
- Use UPI to do digital money transfer to avoid touching currency notes.
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time.
- Eating healthy nutritious breakfast.
- Gargling after eating.
- To Do: What good shall I do today?
- Enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy (work).
- Do one thing at a time and do properly, instead of doing multi-tasking.
- Carry out daily activities in such a way that it consumes least brain power. Good for health.
- Eat healthy nutritious lunch.
- Go out once everyday to get some fresh air and sunlight.
- Eating healthy nutritious dinner.
- Sleep early.
- Sleeping at the same time everyday.
- Paying monthly bills on time.
- Keeping house and office neat and clean.
- Appreciate others of their good work.
- Smile on strangers.
- Donate and Help the needy.
- Being kind to others.
- Review: What good have I done today?
- Appreciate everything that you have everyday.
- Writing in your personal diary.
- Paying Tax regularly.
- Keeping Margin of Safety in all walks of life.
- Either give peels of fruits and vegetables to animals to eat or make compost.
- Having fewer needs in life.
- Take regular breaks while working on computer/mobile.
7 Good Habits Followed by Highly Effective People
These habits are taken from the famous book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
I recommend you to read this book.
- Be proactive.
- Begin with end in mind.
- First things first – prioritize.
- Think win win – mutually beneficial solution.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Synergize – teamwork.
- Sharpen the Saw.
3 Best Good Habits for Children
Good Habits are Good Karma, but not vice versa.
It’s never too late to start following Good Habits to achieve all round success and well being in life and everything.
Once again I would like to thank you for coming here.
And reiterate that you are a wonderful human being.
Cultivate Good Habits and reach great heights in life.
My good wishes are with you.