Disclaimer: This is a sponsored article plus some links and discount codes in this article generate affiliate income. So if you use these codes or click the link and make a purchase, I will get some commission at no extra cost to you. Recommended products are of high quality. Some of them I use personally.
Nexcess is a Liquid Web company.
Nexcess started from a small garage in Michigan almost 20 years ago.
They now host more than 45,000+ sites.
Nexcess provides Managed Magento, WordPress and WooCommerce hosting along with Enterprise hosting for more complex needs.
Features in Nexcess Dashboard
- See current active tickets, total amount due and credits in your account.
- Add your domain.
- See available disk space.
- Know your CDN usage.
- Total PHP-FPM processes usage.
- Enable disable 2 Factor Authentication.
- Add delete team members. These members can join any of the three teams viz Superuser, Billing, Technical.
- You can also set individual permissions for all the above teams viz view, edit, delete.
- Add SSH keys.
What Do You Get with Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting
- Nginx based stack.
- Server level caching.
- Minimum 156 GB storage.
- Minimum 2 TB bandwidth.
- Minimum 250GB built-in Nexcess CDN.
- Redis Cache
- Varnish Cache
- Automatic WordPress Core and Plugin updates.
- 1 click staging.
- Daily backups retained for 30 days.
- On demand backups.
- Stencils for Rapid Site Creation.
- Full Server Access.
- Unlimited Email Accounts with all plans.
- Auto Scaling free for 24 hours every month.
- Nexcess Cloud Accelerator puts static content in-memory to speed up delivery of static files.
- Remote monitoring.
- 24/7 Monitoring alert response.
- Software updates.
- Auto service restart.
- 100% US based support team available 24/7 via call, chat and ticket.
- Initial security hardening.
- Free migrations.
- Easy integration with New Relic for performance monitoring. All you need to do is just add your license key in Nexcess Dashboard.
Plugins with Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting
Below mentioned plugins are included in your monthly hosting price. These plugins may keep changing, do check before you signup for a paid plan.
- Compress JPEG & PNG images
- iThemes Security Pro
- Lazy Load for Comments
- NextGEN Gallery
- Ninja Forms
- Password Protected
- Pretty Links
- Qubely Pro
- Recapture for WooCommerce
- Recapture for Easy Digital Downloads
- Recapture for Restrict Content Pro
- Yoast SEO
- WP Disable
Addons for Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting
- Beyond 24 hours of Auto Scaling usage, you will be charged US 6/hour in increments of 30 minutes.
- Elasticsearch or Solr is available at USD 20/month and provides you with 1 CPU, 2 GB RAM with 10 GB disk space. Options with higher RAM, CPU and disk space also available.
- Single domain, multi domains as well as wild card SSL certificates are available.
What You Can Customize with Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting
You can customize below features by logging into your Nexcess dashboard.
- Enable disable New Relic.
- Enable disable Nexcess CDN.
- Enable disable Nginx Cloud Accelerator.
- Purge Varnish and Nginx cache.
- Enable disable Auto Scaling.
- Create or delete FTP users.
- Enable Password Protection on your site, so only visitors knowing the password could get access.
- Change PHP version.
- Enable disable Plugin and Core updates.
- Create, edit or delete Server CRON jobs.
- Quickly add or delete Database and Users.
- Enable disable local mail delivery.
- Create new email addresses.
- Create, delete, restore or download backups.
- Create sites from Stencils.
- Create development or staging site.
What I Like The Most About Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting
- Nexcess has a wonderful auto-scaling feature which is active by default for all sites plus it is free for first 24 hours.
- They have a Performance Monitoring tool in WordPress admin dashboard which tells you average load time of your critical pages like homepage, single page, single post, and category archive. You can see history as these tests are run daily. Also gives you meaningful insights to improve performance.
What I Like Least About Nexcess WordPress Hosting
- No ability to see logs in Nexcess Dashboard. You have to download them.
- Cannot set server CRON jobs for less than five minutes.
- Cannot set custom cache control headers.
Why Choose Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting
- For speed as it can handle lot of 1,697 database queries per second and PHP execution time of just 4.3 seconds for under US $25 hosting category as reported by wphostingbenchmarks for the year 2021.
- Nexcess has an inbuilt feature to handle sudden traffic spikes. Plus offers 24 hours for free each month.
How Much Does Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting Cost
- Plans start at USD 19/month and rise upto USD 999/month.
Currently they are offering 50% off for 6 months on monthly plans or 4 months free on annual plan by using below link.
14 days trial without credit card is also available.
I am confident that you will have great experience by hosting your WordPress website with Nexcess.