The Difference between Price n Value
- Price is a cost, while Value is a concept.
- Value is a range, Price is not.
- Price is quoted, while Value is unquoted.
- Price is derived through auction, while Value through private negotiation.
- Price changes frequently, while Value changes over a period of time.
- Price is precise, while Value is an imprecise art.
- Price is popular opinion, while Value is your opinion.
- Price can be emotional, while Value is logical.
- Price is derived through speculation, while Value is derived from fundamentals.
- Price is ad-hoc, while Value means theory of investment.
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get.
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
When I do invest, I don’t care if the stock price goes from $10 to $2 but I do care about if the value went from $10 to $2.
It is not easy to figure out value.
A quality product is always pricey but a pricey product may not always be of good quality.