Individual Rights Definition
Actions that can be exercised without others permission are called Individual Rights.
Individual Rights can be grouped as Human Rights, Birth Rights, Fundamental Rights and Citizen Rights.
An Individual’s Rights are neither good or nor bad.
Rights of an Individual can’t be barred depending on his/her age, height, weight, color, caste, creed, place of birth, sex, nature of work, disability, marital status, political opinion, religious beliefs, and or employment status.
Individual Rights Examples
- Right to equality.
- Right to live.
- Right to earn.
- Right to laugh.
- Right to learn.
- Right to eat food of his/her choice.
- Right to wear clothes of his/her choice.
- Right to choose career of his/her choice.
- Right to marry person of his/her choice.
- Right to buy house of his/her choice.
- Right to pursue religion of his/her choice.
- Right to express himself/herself.
- Right to defend.
- Not be subjected to slavery,etc…
- Not be subjected to discrimination.
- Right to think, act and have viewpoint of his/her choice.
- Plus mentioned below.
- Right to vote.
- Right to privacy.
- Right to use public amenities.
- Right to protest peacefully.
- Right to seek justice.
- Right to seek fair trial.
- Right to be innocent until proven guilty.
- Right to move freely in and out of the country.
- Right to get proper food in jail.
- Not be subjected to torture.
- Not be subjected to unreasonable search, seizure, arrest and detention.
- Right to complaint to government.
- Right to give suggestions to government.
We should learn to respect and accept an individual’s right to live, laugh and earn.
What Not to Accept
Rape, violence, harassment, exploitation, slavery, cannot and should not be accepted or tolerated.
Moral of the Story
Learn to respect and accept others Individual Rights.