What is Signal
Signal is a messaging app with main focus on privacy and security of users.
So you can chat safely with your near and dear ones.
Currently, Signal is the most secure messaging app.
Signal Messenger is Available on
Signal Messenger Privacy
- Signal has no record of your data, not even metadata.
- Data is stored locally on your device. So only you can access it and no one else.
- Contact are also stored on your device and not uploaded to their servers.
- Signal only knows the date and time you registered for the service and the last date you communicated with them. Proved via a court case.
Signal Messenger Security
- Signal is built with a primary focus on security.
- All communication is end-to-end encrypted by default with open source Signal Protocol.
- Sealed Sender ensures that even Signal does not know who is messaging whom.
Signal Messenger Features
- You can also send SMS/MMS.
- Get notified when your contact joins Signal.
- Send high-quality group, text, voice, video, document, and picture messages.
- Block screenshots inside Signal.
- Activate incognito keyboard.
- Enable /disable read receipts and typing indicators.
- Archiving chats allows you to clear conversations without deleting messages.
- Link to multiple devices.
- Set interval to delete messages automatically.
- Disappearing messages self destruct from your device as well as the person you send to.
- Block contacts and groups.
- Local backups are stored encrypted with a passphrase.
- Add reactions to messages and chat.
Signal Messenger Pros
- Privacy focused.
- Open source.
- Run by Signal Foundation.
- Survives on donation by die hard fans.
- All communication happens over the internet.
- Recommended by Whistleblower Edward Snowden, and Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Signal Messenger Cons
- Minimum age to use Signal is 13 years.
- Both you and your contact need Signal Messenger to chat privately and securely.
- Signal stores encrypted messages on server until it is successfully delivered to the intended devices. Nothing to worry here.
Who Should Use Signal Messenger
- All those who want to chat securely and privately with their near and dear ones.
Alternatively, there is a Messaging app to communicate anonymously with the unknown people.
Moral of the Story
Signal is truly secure and private messenger to communicate with the known people.