Signal Messenger is Available on
Signal Messenger Privacy
- Signal has no record of your data, not even metadata.
- Data is stored locally on your device. So only you can access it and no one else.
- Contact are also stored on your device.
- Signal only knows the date and time you registered for the service and the last date you communicated with them.
Signal Messenger Security
- Signal is built with a focus on security and then features.
- All communication is end-to-end encrypted by default with open source Signal Protocol.
- Sealed Sender ensures that even Signal does not know who is messaging whom.
Who Should Use Signal Messenger
- All those who want to chat securely and privately with their near and dear ones.
Signal Messenger Features
- You can also send SMS/MMS.
- Get notified when your contact joins Signal.
- Send high-quality group, text, voice, video, document, and picture messages.
- Block screenshots inside Signal.
- Activate incognito keyboard.
- Enable /disable read receipts and typing indicators.
- Archiving chats allows you to clear conversations without deleting messages.
- Link to multiple devices.
- Set interval to delete messages automatically.
- Disappearing messages self destruct from your device as well as the person you send to.
- Block contacts and groups.
Signal Messenger Pros
- Privacy focused.
- Open source.
- Run by Signal Foundation.
- All communication happens over the internet.
- Recommended by Whistleblower Edward Snowden.
- Also recommended by Eletronic Frontier Foundation.
Signal Messenger Cons
- Minimum age to use Signal is 13 years.
- Needs your mobile number for registration.
- Both you and your contact need Signal Messenger to chat privately and securely.
- Signal stores encrypted messages on server until it is successfully delivered to the intended devices. Nothing to worry here.
Moral of the Story
Signal is a secure private messenger to communicate with the known people.