Why Speed UP Your WordPress Site
- To avoid losing 53% of users who abandon a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Benefits of Faster Loading WordPress Sites
- Rank higher in search engines.
- Increase page views.
- Reduce bound rate.
- Sell more.
- And ultimately improve visitors experience.
Tips to Make Your WordPress Sites Superfast
- Use anycast global DNS provider.
- Host your site with a well reputed Managed WordPress Hosting company.
- Enable HTTP/2 and HTTP/3.
- Enable TLS 1.3 with 0RTT.
- Dedicated resources for your site reduces server response time significantly.
- Try to avoid redirects as much as possible. If required, serve redirects through Server instead of WordPress.
- Enable gzip or brotli compression.
- Always keep WordPress updated along with plugins and themes.
- Upgrade to latest version of PHP.
- Use a fast, lightweight, responsive theme like Astra.
- Reduce DNS lookups.
- Try to reduce database calls as much as possible.
- Limit post revisions.
- Use least number of plugins as much as possible.
- Make sure to clean up, and optimize database at regularly intervals.
- Make sure to make least number of HTTP requests.
- Make sure to connect to least number of different domains.
- Add dns-prefetch, and preconnect links in document head to save connection times.
- Remove all non required junk css, js, and font files.
- Avoid using @import.
- Optimize images.
- Serve images in Next-Generation formats.
- Deliver images through CDN like Cloudinary.
- Lazy load your images.
- Activate Content Delivery Network (CDN) to serve pages closer to your visitors.
- Activate PWA for your site.
Scalability always improves Speed, but Speed does not provide Scalability.