Disclaimer: Some links and discount codes in this article generate affiliate income. So if you use these codes or click and make a purchase, I will get some commission at no extra cost to you. Recommended products are of high quality. Some of them I use personally.
Why Make Your WordPress Site Load Faster
- A study conducted shows that 53% of users abandon a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- If you want lot of traffic from search engines. Fast loading sites are loved by search engines.
- To improve Core Web Vitals of your site which is now one of the ranking factors in Google Search Engines.
- Google uses data from Chrome User Experience report and not Pagespeed Insights to rank your site.
Benefits of Faster Loading WordPress Sites
- Rank higher in search engines.
- Increase page views.
- Increase in time spent on site by visitors.
- Reduce bound rate.
- Sell more.
- More earnings from ads.
- And ultimately improve visitors experience.
Tips to Make Your WordPress Sites Load Faster
- Use anycast global DNS provider.
- Host your site with a well reputed Managed WordPress Hosting company.
- Enable HTTP/2 and HTTP/3.
- Enable TLS 1.3 with 0RTT.
- Dedicated resources for your site reduces server response time significantly.
- Serve redirects through Server instead of WordPress.
- Enable compression either gzip or brotli.
- Always keep WordPress updated along with plugins and themes.
- Upgrade to latest version of PHP.
- Use a fast, lightweight, responsive theme.
- Reduce DNS lookups.
- Try to reduce database calls as much as possible.
- Limit post revisions.
- Use least number of plugins as much as possible.
- Make sure to clean up, and optimize database at regularly intervals.
- Make sure to make least number of HTTP requests.
- Make sure to connect to least number of different domains.
- Add dns-prefetch, and preconnect links in document head to save connection times.
- Remove all non required junk css, js, and font files.
- Avoid using @import.
- Optimize images.
- Serve images in Next-Generation formats.
- Deliver images through CDN.
- Lazy load your images.
- Activate Content Delivery Network (CDN) to serve pages closer to your visitors.
- Activate PWA for your site to decrease loading time for repeat visitors.
- Use external hosted search like Jetpack Search to save server resources.
- LiteSpeed web server can make your site load faster and also serve more number of concurrent users.
- Host your website with Cloudflare Pages to make them load faster on all devices.
Scalability always improves Speed, but Speed does not provide Scalability.
If you want to make your site load faster, contact me.