What is Telegram
Telegram is a cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app.
By default, all the data is stored on the cloud.
It is one of the most feature rich messaging and chat app.
Telegram Messenger is Available on
- iPhone, iPad
- Chrome App
Telegram Messenger Features
- Messages can self-destruct with a timer.
- Telegram is cloud based, so you can access your messages from any device.
- No limits on file size for sharing.
- Block people.
- Decide who can see your mobile number.
- Decide whether people can find you by your number.
- Decide who can see your profile photo.
- Decide whether forwarded messages can include your account link.
- Decide who can call you.
- Create channels to allow unlimited users to follow you.
- Schedule messages by holding the send button to send messages at a future date or time.
- Create reminders out of saved messages.
- You can also send silent messages to members of groups and channels.
- All media from cloud chats, secret chats, channels, and groups are stored encrypted on Telegram servers.
- Telegram Passport is a unified authorization method for services that require personal identification.
- If you find any bot, channel, or sticker infringing your copyright, file a complaint with [email protected]
Telegram Secret Chats
- Secret chats are device specific and not part of Telegram cloud.
- Secret chats don’t allow forwarding messages.
- Secret chat messages can only be accessed from the device they were sent to or from.
- Media from Secret chat is stored encrypted on the server.
Telegram Group Features
- Create groups of upto 2,00,000 users.
- Groups can be private or public.
- Decide if members are allowed to send messages, media, and stickers.
- Decide if members can create polls, or embed links.
- Decide if members can add new users, pin messages, or change chat info.
- Slow Mode in groups restrict it members to send one message per chosen interval.
- Bots are made by third party developers except the official ones. Use Cautiously.
- Developers receive your data when you interact with their bots. So use bots without access to messages in the groups.
- Add @GDPRbot to request copy of all your data stored with Telegram.
- Contact @NoToScam, if someone is pretending to be you.
- Add @BotFather, to add or update your bot.
- Contact @Username_bot if your username is already taken by someone.
- Add @telegram, to receive Telegram news.
- Add @IFTTT to connect with over 360 services on IFTTT platform.
Telegram Messenger Benefits
- Secure as all data is stored decentralized at multiple locations across the globe.
- Encrypted keys for the data is stored in multiple locations.
- Cloud based, so accessible from any device.
- Based on proprietary MTProto.
- More than 200 million users worldwide.
- Find people by their username.
- Add people nearby or join groups nearby.
- No need for backups.
- Any party can choose to delete any messages in one-on-one chats, both sent and received, for both sides, without any time limit.
- Anonymous Forwards make sure the messages you sent do not link back to your account.
- Telegram claims to have disclosed 0 bytes of user data to third parties, including governments.
- Build specialized tools, integrate services, or accept payments with the help of Bots API.
- Currently based in Dubai.
Telegram Usage Tips
- Always use Secret Chats for communication.
Who Should Use Telegram
- All those who want to hide their real identity.
- All those who want to chat with the unknown people.
- All those who want lot of features.
- All those who want to connect with people and groups nearby.
Alternatively, there is a Messaging app to communicate privately with the known people.
I use Telegram app.
Moral of the Story
Telegram is a cloud based messaging app to communicate anonymously with the world.