WordPress is open source i.e. developed by community and evolving.
By not keeping pace with WordPress updates, your blog is more prone to hacks and attacks.
8 Reasons to Keep WordPress Updated
- To protect against known vulnerabilities and bugs.
- To benefit from awesome new features, which give you more flexibility, to easily manage WordPress blog.
- For simple, smooth, clean and user friendly experience.
- For improved blog speed.
- To save money – recovering a hacked blog is expensive and time consuming.
- To keep pace with new industry standards.
- To avoid incompatibility issues with plugins.
- To get support from others WordPress users.
Moral of the Story
Prevention is better than cure.